Kiepe Electric in the USA: Solutions for generations – manufactured in Alpharetta, GA
Kiepe Electric USA is a leading manufacturer of systems for electric buses, such as In Motion Charging buses, electric trolley buses and battery electric buses. Kiepe Electric is also a reliable partner for solutions powering streetcars, light rail vehicles, metro trains and locomotives.
Since 2010, Kiepe Electric manufactures power electronics, electric drive components and control devices for public transit and commercial vehicles in Alpharetta, GA.
Kiepe Electric is an experienced partner for electric rolling stock equipment and for tailor-made retrofit solutions. Our service team supports vehicle fleets for the entire life cycle and develops sustainable modernization and overhaul programs for our customers.
Numerous North American metropolises rely on Kiepe Electric’s technology in their environmentally friendly public transit concepts. About 800 electric buses with equipment from Kiepe Electric operate in North America today and move people in cities like San Francisco, Seattle and Philadelphia as well as in Dayton. More than 200 rail vehicles powered by Kiepe Electric carry commuters in Philadelphia, Houston and Salt Lake City.
Electric drives manufactured at our facility in Alpharetta, GA power electric buses and LRVs in some of the greatest cities in our nation!
Klaus Peter Canavan – Managing Director, Kiepe Electric USA
Self disclosure visitors
Kiepe Electric: Christoph Wede is the new Director Global Sales E-Mobility and Business Development
- Christoph Wede was appointed Director Global Sales E-Mobility and Business Development at Kiepe Electric from 1st August 2023 and is to expand the E-Mobility business segment
- Alexander Ketterl: "With Christoph Wede, a very competent and industry-experienced manager is enthusiastic about our goals and products in the field of E-Mobility."
Since 1 August 2023, Christoph Wede has been appointed the new Director Global Sales E-Mobility and Business Development at Kiepe Electric GmbH, Düsseldorf. With his expertise, the company plans to strengthen sales, consulting and innovation in its core business of e-mobility, especially for electric buses and commercial vehicles.
World premiere at Busworld: the innovative electric bus from the consortium of Van Hool - Kiepe Electric - Alstom for Île-de-France Mobilités
- the 100% electric, 24 meter double articulated bus from Van Hool for Île-de-France Mobilités is based on a modular platform concept eBus HPC (High Power Charging) from Kiepe Electric specifically designed for battery-electric buses
- Kiepe Electric is delivering the complete traction system, on-board software for energy and traction control as well as the AI-based Smart Fleet Management (SFM) system
- The system integration from Kiepe Electric requires optimal interaction of technologies within the system network and facilitates short charging cycles of approximately 5 minutes
Kiepe Electric, Düsseldorf, is pleased to communicate an important milestone in its sustainable transport concept for our customer Île-de-France Mobilités (IdFM) in Paris, France. The industries first 24 meter double-articulated electric bus was unveiled at the Busworld in Bruxelles in partnership with Van Hool. Kiepe Electric is supplying the complete traction system (motors, high-performance quick-charging batteries, traction distribution units), the on-board software for energy and traction control as well as the AI-based Smart Fleet Management (SFM) for this next generation vehicle platform. The Exqui.City bus will initially serve the new BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) line Tzen 4 in the south of Paris in 2024.
Kiepe Electric at Busworld Europe 2023: Solutions that lead public transportation directly into the e-mobility lane
- “Sustainable solutions for generations” – Kiepe Electric supports its customers in their transformation toward e-mobility
- World premiere for mobile High-Power Charging (mHPC) with the K-Charger, which charges electric buses with up to 800 kW in mere minutes
- E-mobility solutions such as In Motion Charging (IMC®) technology, Smart Fleet Management (SFM) and the Kiepe Traction Inverter (KTI)
Kiepe Electric supports vehicle manufacturers and transit authorities with sophisticated solutions that help to implement and accelerate decarbonization strategies. In addition to emission-free, electric drive solutions for buses and commercial vehicles, innovative charging concepts for electric bus fleets are also available for the first time. Kiepe Electric welcomes discussions with customers and the industry about “sustainable solutions for generations” at Busworld Europe 2023 in Brussels (October 7-12, 2023). Kiepe Electric's booth No. 1169 is located in hall 11.
Brand diversity at Knorr-Bremse
With leading-edge air brake control systems and components as well as train control systems, New York Air Brake supplies two of the key components for efficient rail transportation of passengers and freight.
IFE is consistently working on improving the entrance systems for light rail vehicles and metros, regional and commuter trains as well as high-speed and passenger trains and stimulating the market with its innovative ideas.
As a leading HVAC system specialist, Merak combines economy, eco-friendliness and passenger comfort in a coherent overall package for all climatic conditions and rail vehicle types.
With a strong presence in all the relevant markets, Microelettrica Scientifica is the leading developer and manufacturer of electromechanical and electronic components and systems for rail vehicles.
The TCMS solutions supplied by control, I/O, network and communication technology specialists Selectron provide the answers for rail vehicle automation and for keeping up with the latest digital connectivity trends.
Knorr-Bremse company Kiepe Electric is a globally renowned specialist in complete customized systems for electric rail vehicles, buses and trucks.
Zelisko develops energy, signalling and traffic management systems. Its portfolio includes current and voltage transformers, LED railway signals, railway crossing safety systems and combined ticket printer/on-board computers.
Outstanding performance, short maintenance times, high availability and complex vehicle modernizations: RailServices offers innovative life cycle management for everything from individual vehicles to entire fleets.